Firsts as a Freshman

Wow I knew coming to BYU would me a lot of changes but I didn't realize how many things I'd be doing for the first time

Going to college classes on campus - Ok so I did take a college class at SLCC this summer, but BYU campus is a totally different playing field. Look at how cute I was on the first day of school! haha

Attending a singles ward - It's so crazy being in a ward where all 160 people are your same age.

Choosing what to do with your entire day - College is definitely not like high school where they make you go to certain classes at certain time and tell you when you can eat lunch and all that. It's totally you managing your own time and deciding when you want to what!

Getting lost on campus - I really thought I could handle finding my classes, but I swear 10 minutes is not enough time to get all the way across campus. So I'll confess that I got lost going twice this morning trying to find my around. Luckily, some upperclassmen helped me out. I'm sure it was the fact that I looked like such a freshman carrying around my map...but oh well!

Leaving the sticker on the back of your pants - You always feel so bad for the people who don't notice the size sticker on the back of their jeans that you see just walking around the halls of school or whatever. That was totally me on Tuesday morning. Don't worry, I had only gone to breakfast at the Cannon Center and walked all the way across campus to the Joseph Smith Building and to my classroom before someone told me that it was there.

Eating at the Cannon Center - Ok I'm not going to lie I was really nervous that the Cannon Center would be all nasty cafeteria food. Of course it's nothing like home-cooked meals that mom makes, but it really isn't all that bad. There's always some kind of pasta dish for dinner that is pretty good and there is amazing fresh fruit at all the meals. The great thing about my meal plan is that I can use my money at any restaurant on campus. And due to fast Sunday/skipping a few meals here and there, I have quite a bit of money racked up in my dining account. Lunch anyone?

Ice cream at Sub Zero in Provo - Nicole and I made our way to Sub Zero yesterday afternoon. That place is so delicious. They start out with cream that is just liquid, put it under this crazy gas stuff, and it just freezes.

















Worrying about the Freshman 15 - Haha with all this eating I'm doing down here, I'm in big trouble unless I start working out soon!!

Having butt loads of homework - I think I'm beginning to appreciate my high school education. If I didn't have the classes and teachers I did, I'd probably be dead already. So much reading and syllabuses and tests! I'm not really looking forward to finals...

Being away from home - It's weird how I live here, it still kind of feels like EFY a little bit. It'll just take some adjusting to.

Having a roommate - Good thing I have Nicole (I love you babe!) We have so much fun together!! We always go for sweet drives in her new red Mazda and have sweet dance parties in the room. Wow it is just so super.

Worrying about BYU boys - So people had warned me that everyone at BYU wants to get married and everything...I just didn't realize how much they encouraged it!! I did get one proposal already, but he said he still had to go on a mission so I don't think it really counts.

I think that's all for now! I'll post again soon!

Comments

Nicole said…
Oh dear! I love you too! This was a funny post.ps- I'm glad your not widgetless anymore!
Jenny and Brett said…
You totally have a blog that you didn't tell me about! I have a tracker on mine and saw that you visited it the other day :) Sneaky sneaky! It sounds like your first week is going OK! No worries about the sticker, I am sure people have already forgotten it by now! Make sure you come and visit our family whenever you are up here!
RACHELLE! heyyyy!
you have a blog?
nooo way! you are cute, miss ya and love ya

Popular Posts